[Gpdd] Misc: Thank you for the Holiday Package for the Piggies!

cmartinez36 at comcast.net cmartinez36 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 11:25:07 EST 2008

Happy holidays, all!

Apache and Remy and I just want to say *thank you!* to our Secret Santas! We know who you are, but don't want to spoil any surprises for other piggies. We got the package Thursday night. I showed the box to the piggies while they were eating their salads. I promised them they could open their gift on Christmas. So we are all looking forward to the "reveal" with anticipation! It tickles me that a package can come all the way from Maryland for my cute little boys, with their names on it and everything. Other people react with amusement when I tell them about our guinea pig club's secret santas around the world. I've said it many times but it is one of my favorite parts of the holidays.

It snowed here in Houston on Thursday night. That is a rare event. The piggies C&C mansion is decked out with bead garlands and blankets and towels around the edges that are usually open towards the window. Apache has rejected his cuddle cup in recent months in favor of hay burrowing, but I keep one in there for him anyway, so he has the option, and something to nudge around. Remy still likes his cuddle cups when it is coolish in the house.

Warmest wishes to all members of the GPDD, and special prayers for those who need it.

Carla, Apache and Remy Martinez