[Gpdd] HEALTH Fireball.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Dec 14 17:44:31 EST 2008

Jocelyn,

I tried to send this to you earlier today but it wouldn't send. I think that your server was down.

Trying again..................via the GPDD..............

You must be beside yourself with worry over dear little Fireball. What a time to be picked for jury service. A sick piggy should be an excuse for you not to attend.

I wish that I knew what was wrong with your little man but at least you have a vet who has all the equipment for tests and such. Here, in England, unless you know what to ask for ( and demand it ) you are likely to be sent home with a bottle of antibiotic because they know no better.

The lethargy could be caused by many things, including heart trouble but I am sure that your vet will have checked Fireball's heart. He might be lethargic because he feels miserable and hasn't eaten.

It is a worry that he will eat at the vets but not at home. I am concerned because I was once told that one of my piggies was eating following an op but all that was happeneing was that she was putting her nose into her bowl and the inexperienced nurse assumed that she was actually picking up food, whereas she was not.

If Fireball does not like CC, there are lots of other syringe foods to try. Liquidising his normal veggies and pellets may prove to be more acceptable to him.

The stuff that the vet gave you might be called Reglan, which is used in gastric disorders as it gets things moving through the gut again.

Older boars can become impacted and need our help voiding their poos so that is not a problem in itself. It is good that there are poos there to be dealt with as he must be eating something to make them.

Little John could well be more aware of what Fireball's problem is than the vet. Animals can be so clever in this respect, hence the dogs that can tell when an epileptic fit is due and warn their owner. And those trained to sniff out a cancer. Amazing.

I can only offer my best wishes for little Fireball. The Piggyfriends and I send love and hugs all round.

Penny.

P.S.

I hope that all slaves and their piggies in the North East of the USA are safe and warm after that dreadful ice storm. I have seen the pictures on the BBC news and feel so sorry for those without power. I often get power cuts here, twice for a whole week in wintertime and know how demoralising and miserable it can be. Not to mention b****y hard work.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.