[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Fireball's Liver

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 15 05:54:48 EST 2008

Dear Jocelyn

I have a cat at present with liver issues and we have been going through all
kind of tests, including blood tests and an ultra sound, to try to find out
what is wrong.  She had one liver enzyme elivated.

You need to find out from your vets what enzymes it is on Fireball's liver
that were increased.  That would at least allow you to look up on the
interenet (in general) what that can mean.  My cat had an increased ALT
reading, which means inflammation of the liver.

The biopsy that your vet took may not reveal anything, if, as a for
instance, she took it from an unaffected piece of Fireball's liver.  I am
not suggesting another biopsy as liver biopsies are risky and can cause
bleeding that is unstoppable (so your vet should have checked Fireball's
blood for its clotting abilities first).

There are so many things that could be wrong (and can be put right), but you
need to know what enzyme readings are elevated, to be able to find out more
on the internet.

I am sorry I can't be of more help, but I do hope Fireball makes a complete
recovery.

Kind regards

Carole