[Gpdd] CARE hay racks

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 12:16:41 EST 2008

I have pigs that eat a TON of hay.  I used to have it on the floor of their
cage too, but they wasted so much of it.  The would eat it, sit on it, potty
on it and such and I'd have to give them so much more than I do now.  I made
a hay rack as they were just wasting so much by peeing on it.  It has helped
(not a ton but some).  They took to it just fine.  I suspect your pigs don't
eat that much hay out of nature.  The pigs I pigsit aren't big hay eaters
either.  As long as you see them getting to the hay from time to time and
eating about as much as they did before, I wouldn't worry about it.  I'm
sure they'll eat from the rack when they are wanting hay.  Just make sure
they can reach it and can't get into it and get a toe caught or something.

Piggy Kisses,
Maren, Charlie, and Kaylee