[Gpdd] MISC- Holli update

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Wed Dec 17 14:27:42 EST 2008

  Hey! Just wanted to give an update on Holli, our foster piggie. She is an absolute sweetheart. She'll make someone a wonderful pet. Still having trouble telling if she is pregnant, but I am fairly sure she is. Her belly does seem a bit rounder. She only weighs
12 oz. though, so I hope she makes it thru ok. She probably still has another month of pregnancy left, I'm thinking, so hopefully she'll gain until then. She has a good appetite & likes most veggies & fruits. She is very sweet, lets me hold her & pick her up with no problems. She's a snuggler & good natured & purrs & chirps alot. She likes to popcorn & hop around in the playpen I set up for her. She & Mimi really like each other. I don't put them in together, but I put them next to each other & they chat & sniff. It's really cute & funny to watch! She watches Mimi's behavior & tries to imitate her! It's pretty cool. The only problem we have with her is if I leave her igloo in, she will stay in there all day & not come out. So, I have been taking it out in the morning when I get up & I put it back in at night when we go to bed. Then she eats & is happy all day. It's weird. It doesn't seem like she stays in there cause she's afraid, it's like she just stays in it because it's there. I'm not sure how to break her of the habit. Ron said if she gets hungry enough she'll come out, but I don't want to take the chance she'll stay in there all day & go without eating. Any suggestions would be helpful! Oh, also her feet seem a bit dry on the bottoms. There are no sores & it doesn't seem to bother her at all, but they look like they have dry skin? I've never seen that. Anyone know anything about that? Thanks in advance...

~Jaime, Mimi & Daisy~(& Holli too!)
~Molly, Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
http://piggiepages001.blogspot.com/