[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Almost Fearless Hershey

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 20 13:35:58 EST 2008

Since Hershey emailed the Jolly Rodents, she seems to have made a major turn around. I've been doing all they suggested for quite awhile. It was nice having that affirmed. But, for the first time, I can have her in her pigpen, and when I put her Cozy Sack in she doesn't head for it and hide; she continues to explore her environment AND ME. She's starting to bump me with her head if I'm in her way, demonstrating, I believe, some assertiveness, and, overall, she's more confident and trusting. I've been working with her, applying Jolly Rodent principles, since I got her in May, and it's finally paying off. I don't have to warn her if I'm going to pet her anymore either. She's no longer flinchy. I'm so proud of my little piggie. Thanks, Jolly Rodents, and everyone else who helped us over this hurdle!

Joanie