[Gpdd] HEALTH Pregnancy

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Dec 27 18:29:10 EST 2008

Jaime,

I hope that Holli is not pregnant. I have never bred piggies but from taking in already pregnant sows I have noticed that their water intake usually increases quite early in their pregnancy.

Some become really huge but others have just become slightly larger and it is not always easy to tell. It doesn't seem to matter how old they are.

My Cloud was only a babe herself when she had a litter. She became enormous, so much so that her back legs hardly reached the floor but she successfully raised a litter of five.

Holli should be putting on weight anyway with all the good food that she is now receiving. If she should be pregnant, you will be able to feel the babes moving inside her about 7-10 days before the birth. Sometimes you can see mother pig's sides moving, without the need to feel.

Paws crossed that she is not in pig.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.