[Gpdd] [Announcement]<My herd has doubled!>

liz_kennedy at hotmail.com liz_kennedy at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 21:39:23 EST 2008

Hello GPDD!

It has been a ridiculously long time since I have posted, and even worse, my herd has doubled and I have waited so long to announce the new additions.

I had 4 (Baisil (around 3 now), Dot (around 6 now), Myrtle (around 5 now) and Phoebe (around 3 now)) for about 3 years, and then adopted a neutered male/female pair from Craigslist a couple months ago (there is a long story associated with this, so if interested, email me offlist for the scoop), and then shortly after while volunteering at my local cavy shelter, I fell in love with a mother/daughter pair.  This was all in the past 6 months, and after redesigning my cage, all are getting along rather well.

Here are the newbies:

Dodger (neutered male, approximately 3, could not be happier to be living with 7 ladies)-
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/IMG_0843.jpg
Willa (approximately 3, very skittish and has a bit of a 'tude but runs away as soon as anyone stands their ground, so fortunately there have been no fights)-
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/IMG_0842.jpg
Opal (approximately 1, very skittish but getting better slowly)-
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/IMG_0874.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/IMG_0870.jpg
Lucy (Opal's daughter, approximately 8 months, the LOUDEST piggie I have ever encountered... she loves driving everyone in the cage crazy, but everyone just kind of ignores her antics now)-
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/kene01/IMG_0866.jpg

They're in a 2x8 attached to a 1.5x3 with a 2x1 loft (where Willa hides when she's made someone mad).
Once I have all the beds and hay in there, though, it just doesn't seem like enough space, so I'm slowly thinking of how I can expand (maybe another loft?).

Anyway, hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season so far, and sending wishes for a fantastic new year!

Liz slave to Baisil, Dot, Myrtle, Phoebe, Dodger, Will, Opal and LOUD Lucy