[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi update

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 05:27:42 EST 2008

Jaime,
I can't believe I'm still up. I'm exhausted and
need to catch some Zzzzzzz. But, I wanted to tell
you before I go to bed that my Beloved Brownie Bear
had this strange trembling, vibrating condition
when she was maybe 4 years old and I realized that
she had mites. But, it was a huge mystery because
she and (my Beloved) Butterscotch had not been
around any other pigs so I wondered where she had
gotten mites. But, apparently mites are kinda always
there, but they attack when their bodies are under
stress. So, once I gave her a round of Ivermectin,
everything was okay. Now, of course, I am not a
Vet (my disclaimer), but I just wanted to throw that
out there. Because I thought I knew everything there
was about piggie ailments and I was shocked that I
missed the signs. So, this is just a thought.

Please give Mimi some extra Cuddles from me and
my crew. I am awfully concerned about your Sweet
Mimi. I hope that she gets through whatever this
is. I don't wanna lose another piggie friend...

    Love ya, PS, BP, and me :-)