[Gpdd] A Poem For Animal Abusers

selena simonetti selenacanada at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 19:28:10 EST 2008

I found this in my papers while perfoming the Herculean task of cleaning out my room:-).  Enjoy and picture those to whom this poem would apply.  Know they will "get theirs" one day!
THE FLAMING BRIDGE
Just this side of Hell is a place called The Flaming Bridge.  When an abused animal dies, it stops by to discuss its life with the Keepers Of The Flaming Bridge before continuing on to The Rainbow Bridge.  The Keepers Of The Flaming Bridge compiles a Master List of animal abusers so that they will be able to recognize them and confront them with their actions when they die.
Across fields of flame roll cries of agony, mimicking the pain inflicted on the innocent animals by their heartless abusers.  The animals are not there crying out—they have gone on to The Rainbow Bridge and their just rewards for the innocent lives they have lead.  The cries come from the Dark Cohorts of the Keepers—savage beasts out of the worst nightmares of the animal abusers for whom they wait.  Patiently, they wait, planning for the day when the abuser arrives.  Then, one day, their cries grow more urgent.  Their eyes burn with an eerie, unearthly glow.  Savage glee lights their hideous faces.  One by one, they turn and run.  Faster and faster they run, flying over ruined land, drawn on by their quarry.
The abuser has arrived at last.
When the pack reaches them, they fall upon him to wreak their vengeance.  Their flesh is flayed from their bodies as the Cohorts’ reeking breath and shrieking laughter fill their agonized consciousness.  They do not die, however.  Their pain will continue—forever.
Then the Cohorts drag the abuser across The Flaming Bridge, down into that special place in Hell reserved just for “people” like them.
—Anonymous.

*******
Selena Simonetti
selenacanada at yahoo.com