[Gpdd] HEALTH White stuff on Fireball's rump.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Feb 8 04:28:49 EST 2008

Jocelyn,

Poor Fireball. He has been in the wars, hasn't he?

His latest problem looks to me like a sebaceous cyst that has burst. This is nothing serious, just a build up of fatty material when a gland in the skin becomes blocked. My Sam has had a couple of these.

Sam's had not yet burst so were lanced, cleaned out and my rodentologist picked out the gland with tweezers so they will not recur.

My late Snickers also had two of these but I noticed them when they were very small and sorted them out myself.

If you feel that you can do this yourself, squeeze out the sebaceous material, clean out the hole with something like hydrogen peroxide, Dermisol or whatever you have with antiseptic properties and it will heal itself. The contents of the cyst are not toxic and Fireball will not have to be kept away from his friends.

Sam sat quietly during this procedure, which didn't seem to hurt him one bit and was munching away on a veggie all the time.

I hope that Fireball's dental problems have now been resolved. Give him a hug from us all.

Penny and the Piggyfriends