[Gpdd] [CARE]food for piggy with molar spurs

warmbreath imwarmbreath at netscape.com
Fri Feb 8 14:09:11 EST 2008

Instead of the pellet balls I would dilute them further with water not juice till a mush, and see if she can lap it, other wise you will need to start syringing it several times a day, what ever it take to approach a normal schedule as she gets her spurs filled and then start growing again. I would track her weight carefully and avoid any sugar foods or treats. Just pellets and hay, maybe the hay can be cut up finely.  You said "treat hay" I'm not sure what that is , but just alfalfa and timmy or grass hay cut up. I don't know how regular hays could cause poopy butt, more likely the other stuff you are giving her might do that. Molar spurs or not she still need hi fiber, low cal, low fat low sugar foods eaten as constantly as possible.
good luck
Sandy