[Gpdd] MISC SCAMPS and LAPS. Info for new members.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Feb 9 12:40:41 EST 2008

You must think that we are all mad, Grace! You are probably right.

LAPS is an acronym for the Large and Ample Piggy Society, a virtual club for big piggies over 3lb. It has its own website found at http://cavies-laps.blogspot.com/ with pigtures and stories about the members. My Daisy is the President, Orinoco of the Surrey Squeakers is Vice President and Hamlet is the Secretary, who writes the website with the help of his slave Heather.

SCAMPS has been started by Debbie, the slave to the Dolly Mixtures piggies who live in France. This stands for Senior Citizen Ageing Miracle Pig Society and is a roll call for piggies who are aged 5 and over. Debbie was despairing of any of her piggies making it to that age and decided that those who did needed their own club. If anyone has a 5 year old not yet included, please post a message to the Digest.

We also have a Roll Call of slaves and their piggies which is organised by Birdie, who also keeps a list of the slaves' birthdays. New members can send her their details at birdlonglegs at yahoo.com and she will add them to the list. Send your name, state or country, names of your piggies, email address if you would like it included and your birthday. Birdie will email a complete list to anyone who would like one.

The birthdays were printed in a wonderful GPDD calendar, published by our members in the Netherlands, Janneke and her sister, Mieke. Many of our piggies had their pigtures featured. This was available to download and many of us have printed it out. I don't know if it still available but I'm sure that Janneke or Mieke will post and let you know.

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.