[Gpdd] Miscellaneous - My SCAMPS Nominees & A Plea for Help (re. Billy)

Sarah Sullivan rahsullivan at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 15:51:26 EST 2008

Dear All,

I thought it was about time I honoured the magnificent lifespan of two of my darling piggies, as follows;

Monty  - approx. 7yrs, 2mths (adopted at 1.5yrs old on 06-Jul-02)
....and STILL going strong!  A chocolate teddy-rex, Monty-wig is a wonderful character and I bless the day I watched the 'Pet Rescue' tv show (England), as I was the lucky person who got to adopt him and his brother Tommy (RIP my dear little 'Squiggly-wiggly-piggly'!).

Tribble - approx 6yrs, 6mths (RIP little Guy, aka Mr. Bombastic!)
My first piggie (along with 'Dukey) and the BIGGEST character to date!  Sleek black with a tan nose, a VERY handsome guy with one helluva attitude!!!  I prayed he'd make it to 7 but he crossed the Bridge last February, beside his friend Monty.  God bless ya little guy!  We miss you so very much.

I look forward to seeing their names alongside all the other SCAMPS!!!

Finally, please say a prayer for my Billy who is struggling for survival at the moment.

He's lost weight dramatically in around 7 days from 850gs to 725gs. After a visit to the vet on Wednesday, he had his left-side molars filed down but never regained his appetite.

I'm syringe feeding him 4 times a day with 'Recovery' (similar to 'Critical Care'), and giving him water too so he doesnt' get dehydrated.  I'm also trying organic babyfood, Spring grass and fresh herbs to stimulate his appetite but that doesn't seem to be working.

I have a follow-up consultation with the vet tomorrow BUT I know that she'll probably recommend putting him to sleep, as he's gradually fading away and I don't want him to suffer further problems, as I'm acutely aware his little body is beginning to 'shut-down'.

HELP!  If anyone can offer any suggestions as to what might 'bump-start' Billy's lust for life, then I'm 'all ears'.  Thanks for listening.

Fond wishes to all Piggies and Slaves.
Sarah S. & Monty, Bertie, Scamp & Billy (Piggies), Snowy & Sparky (Bunnies) & Baz (the Hamster)