[Gpdd] Billy

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Feb 10 19:00:33 EST 2008

I'm replying direct to you as well as the GPDD because you are running out of time with your dear Billy.

Peter Gurney always swore by Metatone as a tonic for piggies. I have recommended this before but sadly it seems only to be available to us in England.  Here's what Peter said in his "Piggy Potions" book.

"This is about the best all-round supplement for guinea pigs. With its combination of calcium, potassium, sodium and manganese, it suits the herbivorous digestive system to a "T". Many a guinea pig who has failed to respond to veterinary remedies has perked up and recovered after a course of this product. Begin with a dose of 0.5ml daily for a week, then drop down to 0.3ml for another week, or until the guinea pig has returned to its normal eating habits."

I always give this to poorly piggies and my rodentologists thoroughly recommend it too.You can buy it from a chemist as it is really for humans.

Best of luck at the vet tomorrow.

How wonderful that you have one of the "Pet Rescue" piggies. I always used to call them if there was a piggy in need of a home but there were seldom any in my area.

Paws crossed for Billy,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.