[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: SCAMPS application

Luita Spangler luitad at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 11 04:33:55 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

Ernie would like to join SCAMPS. We got both Ernie and Bert from the
Berlin animal shelter in May of 2003, and Ernie was already fully grown,
so I suspect that he's at least five and a half years old, possibly six.
Bert was born on March 23, 2003, so is looking forward to joining. I
suspect that Debbie of the Dolly Mixtures is right about genetics and
"survival of the fittest". Ernie had been abandoned in a park in
February (!!!) and I think the experience would have killed a less vital
piggie. He is doing quite well, loves his floor time, is a bit wheezy at
times but otherwise hale and hearty. Indeed, a true Miracle Pig. Bert is
also quite healthy, still even popcorns during floor time. What is
interesting about Bert is that he has orthopedic issues - he's
duckfooted in his back legs, and so can't run very fast - I suspect an
inbreeding result - but this hasn't fazed him in the slightest. So even
if you have piggies who were inbred, they may still surprise you with
excellent health.

I, too, would like to express my heartfelt condolences to Candy for
Topper's passing - I also wept over her lovely tribute - and thank this
community for its consistent compassion and understanding.

Luita
Bert and Ernie