[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE - Tea

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Wed Feb 13 16:07:28 EST 2008

I was really sorry to read that you'd lost your guinea pig Tea.  It sounds as if it was just his time and there was really nothing you could have done.  Unfortunately sometimes these things just happen and there's not much we can do.  I was lying in bed a few mornings ago trying to think of a name for my new rex boy that I got about a week and a half ago.  I was thinking about other guinea pigs I'd heard of and thought of your two boys.  I decided that I was going to call my new boy Tearex.  It just fits.  I'm a tea drinker so that's the tea part.  He's a rex and the name sounds like T Rex (either the dinosaur or the pop group) so the  two just go together - Tearex.  He's settling in now, still a bit on the nervous side but getting better.  He's starting to talk to me a bit now when I pick him up.  I hope your other boy Biscuit continues to do well.  Hopefully he will get over the loss soon but if he's really miserable it might be worth considering getting him a companion.  !
 Usually they do get over it in a few days but there are some guinea pigs that just seem to need the companionship of another of their kind to be happy.  I'd keep a close eye on him, give him plenty of attention and hopefully he will be fine.  Try keeping the radio or the tv on for him to give him a bit of company when you're not around.  Hopefully in a day or two he'll be back to his old self again.