[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney]: Memorial Candle Lighting - March 9

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 16:17:49 EST 2008

Hi again,
  This is my second reminder to everyone that the REAL, not virtual, light for Peter Gurney will take place on Sunday, March 9, 2008, at 8:00 pm, so mark your calendars.

  All you have to do is light a candle on March 9th, 2008, at or around 8:00 pm, in your particular time zone, and our light will move around the world.  This our third candle lighting memorial to Peter Gurney, and afterwards if you let me know where you are, I'll post a listing of all the places where a candle was lit.

  The memorial can also honor all of the piggies who have passed away and are now with Peter Gurney, who is looking after all of them.

  Peter Gurney was a tireless advocate for guinea pigs, who passed away from cancer on July 1, 2006, in Great Britain.  He wrote many of the books that are our best source of information, and he was probably the best guinea pig authority and advocate in the world.  Many of us use his books and his website whenever we need information.

  If anyone has ideas on how to expand our world-wide coverage of this event (guinea pig forums in other countries), please let me know.  The more, the better!

  Audrey, slave to Master Gordon
  P.S. - I will continue to send reminders because not everyone sees every Digest posting, and I want to reach everyone. So, more to come!