[Gpdd] Bridge--Gizmo--more info

Ms B goldstein shortygoldstein at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 00:06:31 EST 2008

They (vet) found a mass--twisting up in his intestines---really big mass--he was not eating for a week-lost some weight too
  I just thought it was his teeth--but when I got to the vets and he did an exam, he felt a mass.
  Vet  asked about taking X-rays.....all that stuff---vet came back--X-ray looked bad
  The vet said that there was nothing I/Blair could have done to cause this.. the mass
  We asked about a bioposy and he said he could do one, but the chances of Gizmo making it out of surgery were very very low.
  He said if we took him home it would just be hospice care at this point. There was nothing that we could do to make it better or make the mass go away. I know I wanted to bring him home, but I also knew I didn't want to be selfish either.  I would dread finding him in the tank, or of I came back from work and found him there.
  The vet said there was probably not a lot of time left. Maybe days, deffintly not weeks
    He said that if this were his pet,  he would elect to put him down--He did say that we were making the right decision
  I just have to keep telling my self that is was the right choice
  , I know it's the stages of greif and everything--becasue before we left he was nibbling on some paper I was holding, and I was thinking he was back to his old self. But I have to keep saying to myself that it was real bad, he was NOT eating or drinking,  I mean I even had to syringe him water and he took little bites of him food--which is not like him--he would not touch the critical care
  So we decided putting him down would be the best thinking it would probably not be much longer--This usually happens in older piggies---happened to our 4 1/2 year old piggy in 2004  :( But Guinness died in my hands
  I am still so very very sad. I know the pain will get less over time