[Gpdd] Announcements: Try to prevent your guinea pigs from breeding

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 21:42:34 EST 2008

Hi Sidney,
     You've probably received a batch of email. There are too many unwanted
guinea pigs in the world, I'm sorry to say, so I would caution you not to
encourage breeding for the experience of it. I'm sure it is a wonderful experience,
but....

     One way to raise a litter is to adopt an already pregnant guinea pig
from a shelter or rescue (there are sooo many) -- or get a "backroom piggy." (Who
1st told us abou the back room piggies?) It's wonderful that you've had this
experience and you new piggy was very lucky to have found her way too you.

     Not all are that lucky.

All best,
Alge nd Charlie, Jolly Rodent