[Gpdd] Bridge: Josey and Loretta

Linda veronicas65 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 17:20:53 EST 2008

Hi to all,

  I had written last week with questions about my Josey's sudden lack of mobility in her hind leg. Thank you all so much for your helpful suggestions, thoughts and prayers.

  Sadly, Josey is no longer with us. I did bring her to the vet who ruled out arthritis based on xray and also injury based on her life style. Based on her inability to "place" her right rear leg, and a strong heart murmer she felt strongly that the problem was neurological. She did suggest some diagnostics which I declined. As the week went on, Josey lost more and more mobility and weight and last Friday the 15th I helped her across the bridge. It shocks me every time how much it hurts to lose a piggie. Josey was a sweet gentle shy agouti who loved to hide in her castle and be held in my lap. Her fur was like silk and she had a deep purr that melted my heart. I will always remember her soft velvety nose poking out of her castle to claim a treat or a carrot.

  Very sadly, on Thursday night, another of our piglets, Loretta, also took leave of us after a year of struggling on and off with ovarian cysts. She had been on hormone therapy for some time. Loretta, I know, was happy and joyous and spunky right up to the last hours of her life. Loretta was a fuzzy caterpillar/bumblebee striped piggie. She was outrageously gregarious and would walk right up to your foot during floor time to be patted and stroked. Up until the very last night of her life, she would shoot out of her castle and demand treats as soon as you walked into the room. She loved to be patted in and out of her house and would purr and purr and purr. She also loved to be held and was the world's best kisser - offering sweet little kisses on the cheeks and fingers - anywhere salty!

  Loretta and Josey were both rescue pigs. Loretta was with me for more than 4 years and Josey for more than 3.

  Loretta and Josey are survived by Loretta's sweet little wiggle-worm of a sister, Olive, as well as two recent additions from the shelter, Tina and Deb. Tina and Deb are 3 and 4 years old respectively

  Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts and prayers,
Linda