[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: very belated condolences, Topper

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Thu Feb 21 18:27:44 EST 2008

Candy, Carl, and Cat X, please accept our very belated condolences on Topper's passing.  It was so very touching and thoughtful that you waited a week to let us know because you didn't want to cause sadness at Duke's birthday party.  How sad to hear of how you sat with him, wondering if you should help him to the Bridge, and knowing you should because, if not, he would continue to fight and be in pain.  We had to make the same decision, for the same reasons, with Sunshine.  Please know that every word in your posting showed how much you loved him.  Thank you for sharing some of your memories of him, such as how he would take special broccoli pieces to his ill Molly, trying to encourage her to eat, and how he would lead her to the water bottle.  Yes, we GPDDers know what intelligence and compassion these special beings have.  How sweet, too, to hear of how Topper bonded with Carl.  Your description of how his noises and redecorating added to the background noise of the family was so poetic.  We hope you find comfort in knowing that you did all your best to get him well and that he knew how much he was loved.  We are sure he and Molly are now with your mother at the Bridge.

Sadly,
Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday, missing Sunshine