[Gpdd] Cavy Health; Massage?

Suze suze at ns.sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 23 12:55:39 EST 2008

Last night during lap time, Rocky the ever moving piggie sat in my lap
for almost 30 minutes while I gave him a gentle massage.  Just basically
taking my index and middle fingers of both hands and gently moving them
across his fur, then barely moving his skin over his muscles and bones.
He even let me rub his belly for a bit!  He kept turning his head and
licking my knuckles!!  It was just lovely.  Anyone ever heard of a
reason I shouldn't do this?  I'm not talking about any deep pressure,
just a bit of movement.  He seemed to really enjoy it!  I might try it
out with Will tonight.
On a lighter note, - I had all three guys out for floor time on
Thursday, and before they had even located the treats I'd 'hidden' for
them, they had covered the papers on the floor with Piggie Pheromones.
I laughed so hard at the 3 bachelor piggies marking their territory when
no females are around. More important to them than eating, it appears!
Poor Will, we were trying to see how it would work out with all three
playing together, but he just hid in his tiki hut and then Feef tried to
eat Rocky's ears.  All in all, an entertaining experience.
Suze, Will, Feef and Rocky  the massage pig.