[Gpdd] [MISC] Cold weather

Donna lsdmg at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 08:43:28 EST 2008

Hi all,

My pigs are now outside after moving house - it's their first winter
outside. They are coping pretty well with it at the moment especially as
they have new pet beds and a cover for the night time. I don't want to keep
bringing them in and out of doors day & night as I feel it might not help
with them adjusting to the weather so I was wondering what people do to keep
their pigs warm in the winter months. I know hot water bottles is not such a
good idea in case they decide to sit on them and get heat exhaustion. Has
anyone tried the microwavable wheat bag toys? Would this just be too much of
a risk if they decided to chew them up? (the wheat bag is zipped inside a
cuddly toy).

Thanks,
Donna, Abby and Helga.