[Gpdd] Misc--Cold Weather

dganley at tampabay.rr.com dganley at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 00:54:39 EST 2008

Donna, where do you live?  I'm hoping it's in a very warm climate, since piggies are very suseptable to illnesses when exposed to changes in temperature & should never be housed outside.  I live in Florida where it's warm most of the year, but we even have to be careful about the house getting too hot, or too cold once we put on the AC for the summer.  Molly & Emma love their cozies (little sleep sacks that they love to snuggle in all year round) but I'd never think about keeping them outside or relying on outside sources to keep them healthy & comfortable.    Besides the temp problems, they'd also prey to outside animals--just not a good idea.  I hope you rethink your house configuration & opt to bring the ladies inside full-time.  Thanks for keeping an open mind--Deb, Molly & Emma (& Potter, always with us.)