[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Condolences for Chester

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Fri Jan 4 06:16:34 EST 2008

Alge

I am way behind with my emails, and somehow can't find anywhere your
announcement of Chester's departure for The Rainbow Bridge - I have looked in  old
emails and recently deleted emails, but can't find Digest 463, which I think  is
where it must be. Reading the condolences from others, though, I can get the
gist of what happened, and as you very well know, I have been there, done
that,  with the guilt and "if only"'s and the profound, unrelenting grief. You
don't  need me or others to tell you that Chester knew he was loved and that you
were  doing at every moment exactly what you felt was in his own best
interests - in  your own heart, you know that really.

It never gets any easier to lose a piggie, no matter what age they are or
how long we have known them. Personally, the "easiest" loss for me was when I
found Pirouette dead in the hutch one morning, after she had shown absolutely
no  sign of illness whatsoever. But even then, there were the doubts - were
there  hidden signs I hadn't seen, did she suffer, why did she leave at such a
young  age ....???? Like someone here has said, when it's their time, it's their
time -  until they invent the hundred year old guinea pig, these little
furbies are  never going to live long "enough" for us.

I'm waffling because I can't find the right words. But I know words are
unnecessary really - you already KNOW that we slaves are out here, all over the
globe, sharing in your deep sense of loss and sending you our heartfelt hugs
and  prayers. There simply HAS to be that Rainbow Bridge, and Chester is there
with  your and all of our other departed loved ones, popcorning with delight
and  gorging himself with every piggie delicacy until he can be reunited with
you.

Love

Debbie (and the Dozen Dolly Mixtures)