[Gpdd] HEALTH: Barnee has bladder stones

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Fri Jan 4 12:21:56 EST 2008

Please keep Barnee in your thoughts and prayers.  He has the dreaded
bladder stones.  Between his age (@ 7) and the location of the stones,
we won't be operating on him.  We hope to "manage" them.  He seemed
pretty bad on New Year's Day but is back  pretty much to his normal self
I think.  His appetite has not suffered, unlike with Kurlee.  He could
barely stand up or walk on New Year's Day so I was quite excited to see
him standing up against the grid begging for his supper last night!

We have him on an anti-biotic, Metacam, Shilintong and extra Vitamin C
and so far he seems to be responding well.  No additional blood in his
urine since Wednesday.  I have to admit I was pretty scared but am now
cautiously optimistic he'll be okay.  He really is one of the sweetest
Munchees I have ever had.  I was more than happy to have to chase him
around his house this morning as he went from hideaway to hideaway to
avoid me.  That's my Barnee Boo!  LOL

Kacee and the Munchees 13