[Gpdd] Misc - Algernon07

Marie-Louise Korterink marie-louise at mweb.co.za
Tue Jan 8 14:10:38 EST 2008

Thanks for the welcome.

No, I do not consider myself a breeder. I occasionally have a litter because we do not have guinea pig shelters in my country and my piggy friends and I do not want to buy from pet shops as doing this will encourage backyard breeding. (Long story, will reply to you personally to explain the situation in South Africa).
My piggy numbers are never constant as I also receive rescue piggies which I rehome. I'd rather house a piggy in my outside cage than turn it away because of lack of space inside. Giving them proper nutrition and a spacious cage with pigloos and toys is usually a massive improvement on the circumstances they came from.

My girls got a liitle tent for Christmas, Nina loves it. See photo:
http://www.guineapigs.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7&Itemid=38

Marie-Louise