[Gpdd] CARE: Catching fast-moving piggies! (Also, missing Secret Santa parcel)

family.duffy at virgin.net family.duffy at virgin.net
Sat Jan 12 16:29:16 EST 2008

I was interested to read that I'm not the only one who catches guinea pigs by allowing them to run into a tunnel and then transporting the whole tunnel to the destination! I often have to round mine up when the weather gets cold or wet and move them into their shed. This is not an easy task because the pens are so big that they are able to build up an impressive speed, and also, since they live outside with more guinea pig company than human company, I suppose they are a bit on the wild side! Another way of catching them is to allow them to run into one of their little houses - not the plastic pigloo type (dragging a  LAPS piggy out of one of those can be very undignified), but the wooden log-cabin sort with a removable roof. All I do then is block the doorway with one hand and take the roof off with the other. The Squeakers are still very concerned about the Secret Santa parcel they sent. Perhaps they have missed a digest? If Cole Thompson, slave to Avery, BJ, Corina and Sammy, is reading this, PLEASE could you let us know, even if you haven't received it. Thank you.Stefanie and the Surrey Squeakers