[Gpdd] [Care] Spays

warmbreath imwarmbreath at netscape.com
Sun Jan 13 00:16:53 EST 2008

I did have several sow that got cystic and hormone problems, but at one time
I had quite a large herd too so my sample size was large. The information
about spaying sows came from my vet who was very experienced with the
procedure and I am quick to say that if your vet hasn't done many of these I
wouldn't attempt it, and I also believe there are few vets that qualified
and therefore few spays. I would wish it someone could remember the hormone
treatment that many were using say 3 to 4 years ago, any old-timers
remember? Im quite sure my herds treatment was up to snuff as they lived at
Penny Giggle Farm ewhere their own poo pruduced loads of various and many
veggies.
Sandy with Manny the Boar