[Gpdd] [Care] - Courgettes

Kirsten McKnight kirsten.mcknight at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:31:22 EST 2008

Hi Marie-Louise,

Courgettes in Canada are called zucchinis. I remember getting a cookbook
that was by an English lady and she mentioned courgettes all over the place.
It too me a little while to figure it out!

Anyway, I don't know about feeding zucchini but we fed pumpkin (on the
advice of another GPDD'er) and squash to Licorice during the time we were
syringe feeding him (from August right up until just till he crossed over.
We fed him the pumpkin because we were trying to boost his fibre intake and
were hoping it would also put some weight on him. Another thing we did to
try and vary his diet was baby food: that is were he got the squash from,
and he particularly liked the peas and carrot blend.

I think if the piggies like it you are probably okay giving it (zucchini) in
moderation, same with the pumpkin.

just my two cents worth!
Kirsten and the Critter Crew

PS I will be interested to see what the other GPDD'ers think about it - as
I've never thought to try feeding zucchini.