[Gpdd] [Care] - Courgettes

Marie-Louise Korterink marie-louise at mweb.co.za
Sat Jan 19 03:17:13 EST 2008

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for your advice!
Yes, I've read on the digest that they feed tinned pumpkin when a piggy is sick.
We don't have tinned pumpkin in South Africa. When I have a sick piggy I also use baby food but this is obviously cooked.
Have you ever fed raw pumkin (squash or butternut), served in small chunks?
Was the pumpkin that you fed Licorice cooked?
I have never read anywhere that fresh peas or mange tout (young pea pods) is bad for them.
I wonder if anyone has ever tried feeding it to their piggies?

Marie-Louise (trying to be the ultimate piggy chef)
and my precious pigsters.