[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Three Dolly Mixtures are now 5 years old!

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 04:59:42 EST 2008

It seems I only ever post if I have a problem with the Dolly Mixtures or
want to express my condolences on somebody's departure, so I've decided it's
time I posted some good news for once! It was 5 years ago on 8th January that I
rescued "Skiggy" Scarecrow as a teenager from The Crocodile Woman, and 5 years
 ago on 9th January that I went back to rescue Soulage and Sable, and all
those  others who were rehomed or who have gone to The Bridge - you may remember
it  became 45 at one point! The rodentologists from Cavies Castle reckoned 2
of the  mamans, Cannelle and Muscade, both now at The Bridge, were about 5 when
they  departed, but these are the first 3 whose ages I know for sure - and I
am so  delighted that any of the Dolly Mixtures have made it to 5 years old!!

I am still keen on the idea of establishing a gpdd subgroup, like LAPS,  only
called SCAMPS (Senior Citizen Ageing Miracle Pig), because I'd be really
interested to know how slaves to other Senior Citizen Piggies care for them,
what alterations they make to their care, diet and so on. If Fidget and Cherry
make it to next month, they will also become SCAMPS, although I do have my
doubts about Fidget, as he has lost a lot of weight, in spite of his healthy
appetite - and yes, he is wormed regularly!

I don't know the exact birth dates of these first 3 SCAMPS, as they were
born before they came to me - Soulage and Sable were suckling pigs, maybe only a
day or so old, and came with 2 mother pigs, though we were never quite sure
who  was whose. We did separate them into 2 groups according to colour (as
there were  11 babies to 2 mums and we didn't have an enclosure big enough for
13), but  later when the Spice Girls (the 5 pregnant mamans) began to produce, we
realised  colour gave no indication at all of parenthood, as grey and white
Muscade  produced 3 beautiful dark brown piggies, and ginger Scoot's mum was
pure  white!), but thankfully we found all the babies suckled from all the mums
anyway, so everyone survived.

Anyway, we'd be happy to hear of any other living SCAMPS - I've always
though 5 a magnificent age for a piggie, although recently I have been amazed to
hear of 7 year olds leaving for the Bridge - I wouldn't even dare hope to be
that lucky. Incidentally, we all celebrated with sprigs of parsley, plus I'd
like to try them on lychees - but am posting separately on that!

Wheeks to all piggies and slaves

Debbie (and the Dozen Dolly Mixtures)