[Gpdd] CARE Feeding peas

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Jan 19 12:37:55 EST 2008

Marie-Louise.

The pea season in England is very short so mange touts are not available for a very long. I always offer a few to the Piggyfriends but they are often suspicious of them and only a few piggies will take a few bites. They might get used to them if I could feed peas more often.

Green beans, on the other hand, are enjoyed by everypig. Their favourite is what is known in England as a runner bean. Tall plants, with red or white flowers, that grow up a pole. A handful of pods is soon munched up leaving a small pile of the actual beans, which no pig eats. I grow a variety of beans and the French bean, with its small softer pod, seems to come second in the piggy "bean list".

I've never seen canned pumpkin here either. I tried some once in the US and I thought that it was disgusting. Obviously an acquired taste.

Debbie,

I have never eaten a Lychee myself and can only guess that it would be OK to offer one to a piggy. I cannot see it doing any harm, though the Dolly Mixtures might not consider it to be a food.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.