[Gpdd] Silly: Charlie very briefly reports

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 00:19:43 EST 2008

Charlie finally emailed home. He said something about introducing Spunky and
Corkster though who knows. They may have each teamed up with someone else
already. The group seems to be getting along great, however.
     Sam and Tabitha have gotten lots of attention not only from the news
people but from their fellow piggies as well. They could have been grabbed by an
eagle and been run into by an air plane. But they weren't and so they've
acquired a definite mystique. Piggies and even people when we went shopping were
pointing to them and saying "those are those 2 piggy girls we saw on TV. The
ones that crossed an ocean in a balloon complete with basket that they made
themselves." They've even been asked to sign autographs. Lots of them.
     We guys have told them to make sure that they mention that they are
traveling with the Cavaret Cavies. Fugly, too, intends to become famous you'll
remember. I be he wishes he'd been with them in the balloon.
     It's so good to see everyone again.
     I must admit, as wonderful and exciting as it all is, the greatest thing
of all is getting to see and be with my splendid Yaya. We play cuddle-face a
bit when we feel no one is watching and of course we're traveling paw in paw.
     Igor and Mr. P are here as well as Sailor Willie and Manny the Boar who
is totally smitten with Peaches. He's really cool. I'm sure glad he got to
join our group.
     We've been going through our own and each others trunks and luggage. We
could go on tour with the stuff we've got!
     Oh, but the neatest thing. Remember how worried Igor was about sharing
food with Mavis, so much so that he bought 2 bouquets? One for him to gobble
quickly and then one to present to her. You won't believe this. In spite of his
apprehensions, he didn't eat either of them, but presented her with a
beautiful double bouquet. And he sort of blushed and grinned and so did she while
saying how beautiful they were. She said, "I bet they taste good, too." So they'll
probably get eaten after all. But at least it will be them together cozily
muching the flowers and greenery. Maybe he did get a chance to watch that Lady
and the Tramp food sharing scene.
     We're still all running around with romaine leaves for hats and we have
them until either we ourselves or someone else grabs and gobbles them.
Gobbling seems to be the word of the day, doesn't it? That's what we're all doing,
but we've also been working hard on the set.
     It's weird when we boars go off to try on make-up and wigs and
practicing walking in high heeled shoes. I've done it just for fun. But I've had to
practice wearing human guy shoes. They're stiff and I've really had to practice
hard at dancing in them.
     I'm not going to do Chester's Shakespearean soliloquy. Someone else can
if they want to. Remember, Mr. Cooders was Chester's mentor so Chester's
delivery was quite eloquent. We always get sad for a few minutes when we talk about
Chester remembering the name thing for the cavaret. "Chestie" still makes us
laugh, and we think it was smart that he cleared that up and said it would be
Chessie and not Chestie.
     He ended the email saying there were so many piggies that he couldn't
list all of them and their adventures, but adventures there were, apparently. He
too is staying for the "walkabout" is it?

Missing the little guy,
Alge