[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Trixi/peoms

kaplans at peoplepc.com kaplans at peoplepc.com
Thu Jul 3 21:23:33 EDT 2008

Dear Marsha,

I am so sorry to hear about Trixi. Your writings compelled me to share two poems that I wrote after I lost many of my fur babies in the summer of 06 due to vitamin C deficiency. I can only send one poem at a time or it will not get through. The first one"a hole in my soul" is about the giant impact they have on us and how the pain may go away but we never forget. (I do not believe that we gain little from them. I was not in a good state of mind at the time.)

A Hole In My Soul
 By Sarah Kaplan

I squeeze my eyes shut to keep the tears
>From falling down my face

My soul is low
My sorrows fill me

My shoulders buck, my chest swells
I cry out in sorrow and pain

I cry and cry, my heart aching
My shoulders shaking

The tears have ceased
The sobs have silenced

The pain remains, making an
Aching hole in my soul

Over time the pain does fade
But the aching hole stays forever

It reminds me always
Of what I've lost

Sometimes the pain is so faded
It seems not to even exist

But sometimes it's so strong it's a punch in the stomach
I gasp, I remember

So much lost
So little gained

Lives cut short