[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Trixi/ poems

kaplans at peoplepc.com kaplans at peoplepc.com
Thu Jul 3 21:36:10 EDT 2008

This is the second poem. "LOVE" is about the love we receive from our fur babies and how it survives even through death.

LOVE
By Sarah Kaplan

The death of a cherished pet
A sadness indescribable

The knowledge that until the end of your days
Not to see their loving faces, hear their loving voices

To feel their soft fur
See their little quirks

To be loved by that animal
To be loved no matter what

An animal that has been with you
Through good times and bad

That you have told you deepest darkest secrets
Revealed your whole heart to

As you put their bodies in the hard, cold ground
In your heart you mourn, but there is also hope

You will be reunited again
He is waiting for you

May you always remember
And keep a special place in your heart

Love and love others
Mourn but not forever

Remember your pet and the love that he gave you
The love that you still feel

Remember your pet loves you still
And wants you to be happy

Go through your life happy
With your heart open to others

As your pet  looks down on you
With the love only an animal can give

My truest sympathy to all who have lost a fur baby. They always change our lives forever. I hope that these poems have brought anyone mourning a fur baby hope. I am sorry if they make you cry. My deepest regards to you all,

Sarah Kaplan and many in my heart.