[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Pansy

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 05:06:44 EDT 2008

Dear Francine

We were all desperately sorry to hear of the departure of your beloved
SCAMP, Pansy, for the Rainbow Bridge. It sounds as though she put up a brave  fight
throughout her long life, and it is a tribute to the dedicated care you  gave
her that she survived to such a ripe old age for a piggie. We are certain
she will have known how dearly she was loved.

Slave Debbie has vowed to adopt no more piggies after the last of us Dolly
Mixtures has departed - for us, it is the lack of adequate vet care here in
France that is the major deterrent. But we have just adopted a new little chap,
Soturi, because we had a lone piggie needing a friend (more on that elsewhere
 when time can be found), so the pigless era is being pushed further and
further  away. The piggies can't imagine how Debbie Slave would cope without the
piggies  to cuddle and sing to, and Debbie Slave doesn't know how long she
could stick  out the silence which is left when the piggie wheeks and burbles are
removed ...  time will tell. But we do feel every sympathy for you have
piglessness enforced  upon you after 14 years, and, from a household which includes
cats, dogs,  chickens, geese, goats and even a duck, we can fully concord with
you that very  much only a pig is a pig!

Maybe your parents will miss the wheeks and squiggles more than they
anticipate and come round. If not, you'll just have to wait until you have a  place
of your own where they can no longer dictate. In any event, we are  thinking of
you at this very sad time, and wishing you well from across the  ocean.

Run free and popcorn, Pansy, in that meadow sweet

Debbie and the 11 Dolly Mixtures