[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Mayflower Piggyfriend

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 13:40:35 EDT 2008

Penny and Piggyfriends

We were so sorry to hear of the sudden departure for the Rainbow Bridge of
your beloved SCAMP, Mayflower. It is scary how quickly piggies can go downhill,
 and we know you did the best thing when you got her to Cavies Castle, as
Debbie  Slave did that when our Red Dandy was very poorly. She also left him
there, and  he crossed to The Bridge in their loving care, along with one of their
own  piggies, Jasper, in 2005. We were interested to hear about the theory of
sudden  onset gastric torsion. Our precious Scruff had similar symptoms just
before she  went to The Bridge in 2004.

Mayflower and the Ginger Family sound like a wonderful band of piggies,
splendid ambassadors for their race, and we are sure the surviving pair,
Gingerbread and Diamond, will miss Mayflower terribly, as of course you all  will. But
you know that Mayflower had the best life she possibly could have had
because she was a member of the Piggyfriend family, and her great age, and that  of
so many of you, is a tribute to the standard of love and care all your family
receive, ably aided and abetted, of course, by your excellent rodentologists
at  Cavies Castle.

As you say, our little furbies are never with us for long enough, and we
know only too well the pain you are feeling and the emptiness that will be
jumping out at you each time you approach the large corner pen with only two
piggies in it.May it bring you a tiny grain of comfort to know that piggies and
slaves all over the world are thinking of you at this difficult time, and
wishing you well.

Run free, marvellous Mayflower, with your mummy and Peridot, and thank you
for the love and happiness you gave whilst you were amongst us.

Debbie and the 11 Dolly Mixtures