[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Babu Franklin

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Jul 7 14:00:35 EDT 2008

Ruth

We were so very sorry to read that your dear little Babu Franklin had
departed for the Rainbow Bridge, and so soon after he had gone to his new home.  We
are sure his health decline would have been nothing to do with his having
moved home, and that he would have preferred to be with new cagemate Bonkers
rather than all alone at yours. And you know, even if you had still had him and
noticed a decline in his health earlier, very often there is nothing a vet can
 do, and perhaps he was spared a lot of frightening intervention. If he was
loved  as much as you say by his new family, he will certainly have felt that,
and  probably he realised you had had to let him go for his own good, so that
he  would not be lonely. He will have been so grateful to you for rescuing
from the  pet store, and at least got to know the love of two different families
in his  comparatively short little life.

It is so sad that you, like Francine, are having to leave the wonderful  gpdd
community and piggie slavedom. We know all we oldtimers will miss  you. We
hope you enjoy Scotland - Debbie Slave lived for 9 years on the  Northeast Coast
of Scotland, right on the mouth of the River Spey, although she  never had
guinea pigs then, nor indeed did she see a single piggie whilst she  was there.
But she loved it dearly and misses the breathtaking scenery.  Hopefully it
will help you to heal.

Take care, dear Ruth - you don't have to leave our community just because
you are pigless, you know, although Debbie Slave did leave all her bunny forums
when her last bunny moved to a new home in the UK so she could get better vet
 care - it was too painful to be reminded of the joy she was missing and read
of  all the anguish slaves were suffering through ill or departing bunnies.
So we do  understand.

Run free and popcorn, Babu Franklin - and Ruth also. You will both be  missed.

Debbie and the 11 Dolly Mixtures