[Gpdd] Piggy and Strange noise

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Jul 8 02:59:24 EDT 2008

What kind of noise is your piggy making, sweetie? For one things, guinea pigs
are not little toys   or baby dolls, nor are they like dogs and cats that you
can share you human treats with. ANd you can't just pop him in for a bath
because it seems like a good idea as you can a doll. It's good that you've come
here where you can learn about proper piggy care. I hope you can get your
mother interested in reading as well.
     Did you dry your piggy after its bath? Was it inside or outside? Did you
first ask your mother's opinion or advice (which is why its important for her
to know how to care for these delightful but delicate and wholly dependent
little furry friends) before bathing him or her?
     Why do you think the piggy is sick? Is is his breathing labored -- that
is, does he seem to be having trouble breathing. Are his eyes watering?
Sometimes piggies "purr" when they're content.
     Truly, young guinea pig owners need for their parents to be
knowledgeable and involved tho you need to keep up with things like being sure he always
has food and water and that he gets vegetables and some fruits that are high in
vitamin C.
     Perhaps you can talk your mother into an early birthday present and let
that be a trip to the vet if it's needed. We don't get animals only to watch
them slowly die because of our mistakes. ALso, you and your mother both need to
know that a pet such as this requires the involvement of your mother.
     I hope he is well. How old is he an how long have you had him? Please,
give him only foods that are appropriate for a guinea pig -- no Doritos, no
popcorn, no potato chips -- just his pellets and the proper veggies and fruits,
and of course be certain that he always has pellets and absolutely alway water!
     And don't leave him outside if it hot and sunshiney and no shade. They
can die of heat stroke.
     Others will also advise you here as well.

All best to you and your piggy,
Please let us know how things are going,

Alge and her piggy, Captain Jack