[Gpdd] (HEALTH) Wet tail - need tips on syringe feeding

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Tue Jul 8 21:39:16 EDT 2008

Hi Jen

hope you don't me doing this personally but thought if i did it now you
might be able to use info quicker than waiting for the gpdd to come in.
My boy has been syringe fed now for 2 years almost so i know how
difficult it can be ...
I'm not sure what size syringes you can access i have a slightly larger
one but it has a smaller spout that can reach the back of the mouth.
I also scoop up whatever the piggie spits out and re pop back into mouth
till i've finished the bowl of food, it takes time but it's worth it.  I
mix the CC with the pre boiled hot water but also add baby pureed apples
(for baby-3 months) this makes a good consistency for syringing.  I only
syringe in a small amount at a time.
You could also give your piggie a little rest with perhaps offering a
leafie veg in between every few mouth fuls so your little girl feels
it's a nice time to be syringe fed.  I also syringe a little water every
now and then thru the feed so that it helps wash down the CC.
We wish you all the very very best in your quest with your darling
little girl, huge wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks and loves from us both.
Oh just thought i make sure the CC and the baby apple are warm not too
hot but that seemed to help too.

Paws crossed for you all
Glynis and Duke xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx