[Gpdd] MISC Welcome Marsha'a new piggy

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Jul 9 09:14:36 EDT 2008

Well done Marsha for offering the little piggy a loving home. Sounds like he/she is in need of one. It is inbelievable that someone working at a vet's office would even consider feeding a piggy to a snake. I thought that vets were supposed to care for animals.

It is illegal in England to use live vertebrates as feed for another. One is allowed to feed live invertebrates such as crickets and mealworms to those that need them. The snake group that used to have a table at our RSPCA  Pet Days used frozen rats and chicks for their snakes. That's a horrible thought too. The snakes were always shown in one of the classrooms rather than the hall where the other animals were on display. Unsurprisingly, not everyone wanted to see the snakes. They are beautiful but I wish that they were vegetarian.

I have taken in piggies from several local vets, who all have my number. You may find that you get more calls!  Sometimes piggies have been left there when their owners could not afford the bill. One lovely boar was handed in by a man who found him in a cemetery when walking his dog one evening. Armand, as I named him, became a regular at Pet Days and was able to repay the kindness shown to him by being a piggy ambassador.

Welcome to the new little piggy. Tell us all about him/her.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.