[Gpdd] Care: Re: Guinea Pig Bath?

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Wed Jul 9 14:49:17 EDT 2008

Katie,
When I read your first message about your Lizzy
being sick after you gave her a bath and you fed
her Doritoes and popcorn, I thought your message
was a hoax (i.e. a prank). I know that you are only
10 ten years old, but it sounds like you might want
to read up a little on Guinea Pig Care. I would not
suggest giving a guinea pig a bath...EVER. G-Pigs
are fairly clean, and they will usually clean themselves.
Sometimes, it is necessary to spot clean certain areas
on a pig with a luke warm washcloth, so that is fine.
I don't know what type of bedding you are keeping
Lizzy on, but if you find that she is getting stinky, then
you need to refresh and/or change her bedding more
often. I refresh my pig's bedding daily and change
her bedding out completely on a weekly basis.

Also, Please, Please do not give your Lizzy 'human'
snacks like Doritoes, Popcorn, etc. They are not
good for you pig, and they could make your Lizzy
sick, which is sounds like that has already happened.
Your piggie should have g-pig pellets, fresh water,
and fresh timothy hay available to her at all times.
Here are some websites that have Excellent information
on G-Pig Care, Diet, Health, etc:

http://www.guinealynx.info/

http://www.cavymadness.com/care.php#firstthings

http://www.cavyspirit.com/

There are tons more websites out there, so just Search
on 'Guinea Pig Care' and you'll see.

           Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
                  Leah...Slave to Princess Snowflake :-)