[Gpdd] HEALTH ;LIZZY's BATH

davedave121 at aol.com davedave121 at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 13:03:07 EDT 2008

Hi Katie,
We are so glad that your mom took you and lizzy to the vet’s, and that
she is ok, (Lizzy that is.)

About your question about bathing lizzy.
Lizzy do’s not need a bath, the only thing you will do if you bath her,
is make her very unhappy , piggy’s keep them selves clean.
If you love her and want to make her happy, give her fruit and
vegetables treats like romaine lettes , a slice of apple a small piece
of banana .

Lizzy may not like all the treats, just spend a little time to find out
what she likes the best .
Do not give lizzy to many treats,  as this may upset her tummy.
The only treat you can feed Lizzy as much as she wants Is TIMORTHY HAY,
and this is the best treat, for a healthy piggy. Our pigs love it.
  Lets say she likes apple and Romania lettuce, then when you pick her
up to stroke her give her 1 lettuce leaf  or a small slice of apple,
lizzy will love you for this.
Just hold lizzy for 10 minutes and then put her back in her cage.
It may take her a while to get used to you .   When she is used to you
, hold her for longer, but remember if she gets streest , put her back.
You can not force lizzy to do things she do’s not want to do, you must
earn her trust.

Go to your local library with your mom and take out a book on caring
for Guinea Pigs.

It’s good you righting to us for advice, this shows you are a caring
person , and that you love lizzy, so please Katie do not bath lizzy
again.

The last time I spoke to you on this sight I mentioned the P.D.S.A.
The P.D.S.A is in  Great Britton (U K)
If you live in another Contrary , ask your mum to contact the Animal
Welfare Society in your country , and ask them where the nearest
P.D.S.A type of organization is.
You need to ask for volunteer vets that do not charge if you do not
have the money to pay.

Yours Dave, Yvone and all the pigs at piggy palace.

(Come on you guys out there from all over the world, UK can not bee the
only place, that has a P.D.S.A type organization..)