[Gpdd] Health: MAMMARY TUMOURS

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 15 03:55:26 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Just an update on Hamish (my sister's guinea pig) following his removal of the two mammary tumours some 3 weeks ago.

The pathology came back and it shows he has a very rare form of cancer called mammary adenocarcinoma.    That makes it malignant, so I hope & pray the vet got it all out.   The vet did say he didn't know much about this because it is so rare, but that it will possibly (but not definitely) grow back, maybe in a few weeks, maybe in a few months, maybe in 12 months.       Another vet said this is an aggressive cancer and will definitely grow back and to enjoy Hamish whilst we can.      He is the most beautiful piggy - a Rex with the most gentle, loving nature.   My Donald adores him and they live together as best friends & soulmates.

We have to keep an eye on our lovely teddy-bear  boy and pray that this time this type of cancer will not act as it's supposed to.  We will all be lost without Hamish.

Regards to all piggy lovers
Julie & her lovely boys (Donald & Wheeky)