[Gpdd] Health: Luke

Dukejan1 at aol.com Dukejan1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 22:05:46 EDT 2008

All,

Little Luke, who we took in after he was battered up at the pet store, has
been ill since we brought him home.  He had infections from the bite wounds  he
suffered and then we discovered he had mites. His mite situation appears to
be getting worse.  He got his second ivermectin injection today and the vet
said that if it doesn't start to work then we will have to start testing from
other problems. Luke bites himself like crazy, leaving blood all over his
back.  We have been giving him an anti-inflammatory medication, but it  seems to
have stopped working well.  Meanwhile, Luke doesn't want to be  held and I am
breaking out in a rash when I do hold him.  He doesn't seem  to have the spunk
he had when we brought him home a month ago.  I don't  like the look in his
eyes either--no spark at all.

Luke remains in quarantine upstairs, away from Isabel and Lily and I pray
that they don't somehow catch what he has.  Are his symptoms consistent for
mites?  I've never dealt with mites before and had hoped that he would  improve
by now.  He seems to be regressing.  We maintain a regimen of  changing shirts,
washing hands and arms, cleaning his cage 2-3 times a day,  etc.

Any advice would be most welcome.  Poor little guy is so  miserable.

Janet

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.