[Gpdd] HEALTH: Doris' Biopsy

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 22 12:15:08 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I took the good advice of several GPDD people and made an appointment for a needle aspiration biopsy on Doris' "bump" (possible mammary tumor or maybe lipoma) tomorrow morning.  I'm not sure the vet has ever done one of these on a guinea pig before (I'm not sure ANY vet in town has done one on a piggie, actually) but she said aside from the respective sizes, the principles are the same as doing it with a dog or cat, and that there is about an 80% chance  that we will get a definitive answer from this.
Of course, I am already freaking out quietly about it.  Doris is obviously feeling fine; she finished the antibiotics for the UTI about a week ago and is back to eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and criticizing my animal husbandry skills with her usual enthusiasm.  Part of me just wants to "wait and see what happens", but I know it would always be in the back of my mind until I know what it is, and it's always better to get all the information before you have to make the decision, right?  <Sigh>
So I'm going ahead with it...WISH US LUCK!!!

                                                            Pat