[Gpdd] Announcement: Sad news regarding one of our members

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Jul 25 01:37:25 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

     We all know Sandy (Manny the Boar's mommy) and those of us who have been
here a long time remember her Penny Giggles Farm. (As a reminder, The Penny
Giggles played hosts during the virtual Cape Alava Laying of the last Poo
event.) Sandy is   OK, or as OK as anyone might be under the circumstances. But her
son, Rob, aged 38 died this past week of a heroin overdose.

     I have dealt with seriously addicted people myself and know getting
clean is not just a simple mind over matter thing. Serious addictions can be
deadly and not easily overcome, although many do get it behind them. Others keep
trying but...   And some don't even try to quit.

     Rob had tried to clean up his act but unsuccessfully. And is often the
case, he pulled other people down with him.

     About 8 years ago Sandy welcomed Rob into the house with her, thinking
that he was depressed and that it might be good for him to be around family. He
did not tell her of his drug problems.

     Needless to say, money and other things began disappearing and Sandy, by
then knowing what was going on, was determined to try to help him help
himself...rehabs, etc.

     Some of you remember when Sandy was losing the Penny Giggles Farm, as
she called her place, many of us were trying to help find homes and rescues for
her little fur babies. She didn't even know where she was going. But the
piggies were a priority.

     In the end she couldn't even keep her precious senior GP Wild Woolly
Willie and he ended up, I believe, at Foggy Creek Rescue. (Bless them!)   Sandy
came very very close to being totally homeless herself and lost almost
everything she had. She managed to preserve a few possessions but not many.

     Without going into any more details of her life and difficulties, she is
now finally in a small apartment though doesn't even have a vehicle any more.
And that's how addiction manages to take down those who love you as well as
the addict himself or herself.

     I think it would be very nice if we could all take the time to drop her
a short email or perhaps send her an e-card. I think the funeral is going to
be today (Friday) or tomorrow. But anytime over the next few days or even next
couple of weeks a note, letter or e-card would be appropriate. And its OK to
mention the cause of death. I know that some things are awkward to address, but
I think she needs our support. I know it would mean a lot.   Her email
address is:    warmbreath at comcast.net

In friendship tinged with sadness,
Alge