[Gpdd] misc ; bad news - good news

davedave121 at aol.com davedave121 at aol.com
Sun Jul 27 16:08:01 EDT 2008

Hi all

News, some good and some bad ,
Last Tuesday I took two of our baby’s to the vet, Cilla, to confirm
pregnancy, and our latest edition to pp, Teddy teef.

Cilla is pen mate to Toby a 4 year old (he is a real character ), we
have been trying to get a litter of him for a long time, the poor
muffin doesn’t  have a clue, this is his second pen mate, we had to
take his first mate, Mouse (she is one of Katty and Little pigs 4
babies) ,away from Toby, as she got to close to that 12 month mark
where it becomes dangerous for a sow to litter.

Toby and cilla have been together for a while now. Cilla is an 18 month
old sow that has had 1 litter to her previous keeper. When Cilla is in
season ,Toby is like a very gentle bull in a china shop, he tries every
which way but the right one, and then when Cilla finally presents her
self to him, he is to tired to do anything and go’s to sleep in the hay
(Yvonne says he reminds her of someone , I wonder who !!!).
Anyway , last week I noticed she had put on some weight  over 200 grams
, we where over the moon.

The vet agreed she defiantly looked pregnant , he palpated her and was
undecided and told us to bring her back in the morning and he would
give her a scan. I got the sad news when I picked her up in the
afternoon.
Cilla was defiantly not pregnant, it was just fat, and
he suggested
that I cut down on her treats .

Cilla was disgusted . If you want to use me as a baby machine , I want
my treats.
We, Cilla and I, finally agreed that I can cut down on her bananas‘,
but no way was she giving up her parsley and romaine .

Please don’t get the wrong impression. We do not breed piggy’s, at PP,
we have only had one litter, and that was just to increase our herd,
and if Toby and Cilla ever manage it though i doubt it as Toby is
getting on now, then we will most certainly be keeping all the baby’s .
I will tell you guys the good news  about Teddy teef on tomorrows blog.

Yours in piggy’s ,
Dave and Yvonne at Piggy Palace.

PS does enyone have any tips on how we might get toby and cilla to
breed---PLEASE